Present: Communication and the AP Portfolio
AP 2-D Art and Design Topic 6 7:33 English narration · English + 中文 subtitles burned in
Chapters
Transcript
You have seen these three works before — but almost certainly not in a museum.
这三件作品你以前见过——但几乎可以肯定不是在博物馆里。
You met them the way you are meeting them now: as pictures on a screen.
你遇见它们的方式,就像现在这样:屏幕上的图片。
Someone photographed them, cropped them, and sent them out.
有人为它们拍照、裁切,再送了出去。
That is how the reader will meet your art.
阅卷老师遇见你作品的方式也是如此。
A whole year of making arrives as twenty images and a few hundred words.
一整年的创作,最后变成二十张图片和几百个字。
So today: how that works.
所以今天我们看:它是怎么运作的。
The two sections, and what goes in each.
两个部分,各自要放什么。
How to write about your own work.
怎样写自己的作品。
How to photograph it so the skill still shows.
怎样拍摄,让技巧仍然看得见。
And the rules that keep it honest.
以及那些让它保持诚实的规则。
This exam is not a written test.
这门考试不是笔试。
It is a portfolio, and it has two sections — Big Idea 3 is about presenting your work.
它是一份作品集,分为两个部分—— 大观念三讲的就是如何呈现你的作品。
On the left, the sustained investigation: fifteen images that show one inquiry growing over time, plus written evidence.
左边是持续探究:十五张图片,展示一个探究问题如何随时间成长,并附上书面材料。
On the right, selected works: five pieces that show your strongest skills.
右边是精选作品:五件最能体现你技能的作品。
Work can be physical or digital, but all of it is handed in as digital images.
作品可以是实物,也可以是数字作品,但全部以数字图像提交。
There is no timed exam — you build this across the whole course.
没有限时考试——它是在整个课程中建立起来的。
The two sections are not equal.
两个部分并不相等。
The investigation is worth more of your score, and asks for more: fifteen images, with writing beside them.
持续探究在总分中占得更多,要求也更多: 十五张图片,旁边还要写文字。
Selected works is smaller — five pieces, chosen for skill and craft.
精选作品较小——五件作品,凭技巧和工艺挑选。
So treat the investigation as the long story of your year, and selected works as your five strongest pictures.
所以把持续探究看作你这一年的长故事,把精选作品看作你最强的五张画面。
So what are those fifteen images?
那么这十五张图片是什么?
Not fifteen finished paintings.
不是十五幅完成的画。
They are works and process documentation, spread across time: a first sketch, a test of a material, a piece photographed half done, a close detail.
它们是作品加上过程记录,分布在不同时间:最初的草图、材料的试验、 做到一半时拍下的照片、一处局部细节。
Beside them you write your guiding questions, and how the work shows practice, experimentation and revision.
在旁边你要写出引导性问题,以及作品如何体现练习、试验和修改。
Here is the mistake that costs the most marks.
这是失分最多的错误。
A student hands in fifteen finished pieces.
一个学生交上十五件完成的作品。
They look good — but this is a gallery, not an investigation.
看起来很好——但这是一个画廊,不是一次探究。
Nothing changes from one image to the next, nothing is tested, and no thinking shows.
从一张图到下一张什么都没有改变,什么都没有试验,看不到任何思考。
Now the other version.
再看另一种做法。
The same student across a year: an early sketch, a test of a new material, a piece caught in progress, a close detail, then a work that answers the first question.
同一个学生,贯穿一年:最早的草图、新材料的试验、 拍下的半成品、一处局部细节,然后是一件回应最初问题的作品。
Every image is a step, and the reader can follow it — that is what an investigation looks like.
每一张图片都是一步,阅卷老师能够跟着走下去——这才是一次探究应有的样子。
This is what process documentation looks like.
过程记录实际上就是这个样子。
A page from an artist's sketchbook: a light pencil view of a mountain, with notes written all around it.
这是一位艺术家速写本上的一页: 用铅笔轻轻画出的山,四周写满了笔记。
It is not finished, and was never meant to be beautiful.
它没有完成,也从来不打算好看。
That is the point — it shows a mind at work.
而这正是重点——它显示了一个头脑在工作。
Photograph your sketchbook pages, your tests, your half-made work.
把你的速写本页面、你的试验、你做到一半的作品都拍下来。
They belong in the investigation.
它们属于持续探究。
Now the other section: five selected works, judged mainly on skill — on how you use the elements and principles, and how you bring materials, processes and ideas together.
现在看另一部分:五件精选作品,主要按技巧评分—— 看你如何运用艺术要素与设计原理,如何把材料、过程和想法结合起来。
Look at these three: a portrait in pencil, a picture cut into a metal plate and printed, and a painting built in thick oil.
看看这三件:一幅铅笔肖像,一幅刻在金属板上再印出来的画, 以及一幅用厚重油彩画成的作品。
For each of your five works you give the materials, the processes, the ideas, and the size.
你的五件作品,每一件都要写明材料、过程、想法和尺寸。
They need not come from your investigation.
它们不必来自你的持续探究。
Every image is followed by words, and the reader cannot ask you a single question.
每一张图片后面都跟着文字,而阅卷老师无法向你提任何问题。
So the writing has to do that work.
所以这些文字必须替你完成工作。
Three rules.
三条规则。
Stay inside the character limit — cut every empty word.
不要超过字数限制——删掉每一个空洞的词。
State your guiding question clearly, in one sentence.
用一句话清楚写出你的引导性问题。
And use evidence, not vague claims: don't say the work improved, say what you changed, and why.
并且要用证据,而不是空泛的说法:不要说作品变好了,要说你改了什么,为什么。
Let's write one.
我们来写一段。
Two students describe the same investigation.
两个学生描述同一次探究。
The first writes: I made five prints.
第一个写道:我做了五张版画。
I like how they look.
我喜欢它们的样子。
The last one is my best.
最后一张是我最好的。
No question, no process, nothing that changed.
没有问题,没有过程,没有任何改变。
Now the second.
再看第二个。
She starts with the idea: my inquiry asked how repetition can show the passing of time.
她先写想法:我的探究问题是,重复如何表现时间的流逝。
Then the process: I began with pencil grids, then moved to printmaking, to repeat one image with small changes.
然后是过程:我先用铅笔画方格,后来改用版画,以便重复同一个图像,每次做一点小改动。
Then the revision: I revised the spacing in later prints to slow the rhythm.
接着是修改:我在后面几张版画中调整了间距,让节奏变慢。
Three short sentences, and the reader sees a year of thinking.
三个短句,阅卷老师就看见了一年的思考。
Now the part students forget.
现在是学生最容易忘记的部分。
The reader never sees your paper — only your picture of it — and how work is presented affects how viewers interpret it.
阅卷老师看不到你的纸,只能看到你拍下的图片。
So here is a drawing, badly shot.
看这幅拍坏了的画。
The camera was held at an angle, so the edges tilt inwards.
相机是斜着举的,所以边缘向内倾斜。
That tilt has a name: keystoning.
这种倾斜有个名字:梯形失真。
It makes careful work look careless.
它让仔细完成的作品显得马虎。
Stand square to the work, and the shape comes back.
正对着作品拍,形状就回来了。
Next, crop: cut away the desk, the floor, your feet.
接下来是裁切:把桌子、地板和你的脚都剪掉。
And last, the light.
最后是光线。
Move the lamp until the glare goes and the colour is true.
移动台灯,直到反光消失、颜色真实。
Look what a careless photograph would cost a painting like this.
看看一张随手拍的照片会让这样一幅画损失什么。
The greens turn grey, the blues go flat, and every soft edge blurs into mud.
绿色变灰,蓝色变平,每一处柔和的边缘都糊成一团。
The skill is still there on the canvas — but it never reaches the reader.
技巧仍然在画布上——但它到不了阅卷老师那里。
So photograph with even lighting, match the colour to the real work, keep the focus sharp, and save the file at the size and format you are asked for.
所以要用均匀照明来拍摄,把颜色调到与真实作品一致,保持对焦清晰, 并按要求的尺寸和格式保存文件。
Both sections are scored against published scoring guidelines, so read them before you begin.
两个部分都按公开的评分标准打分,所以动手之前先去读它们。
The investigation is scored on the inquiry, and on evidence of practice, experimentation and revision.
持续探究考查探究本身,以及练习、试验和修改的证据。
Selected works are scored on your skills, and on how you bring materials, processes and ideas together.
精选作品考查你的技能,以及你如何把材料、过程和想法结合起来。
Readers use the visual evidence in the work, plus your writing.
阅卷老师依据作品中的视觉证据,再加上你写的文字。
So work with the criteria in mind — but never to a formula.
所以创作时要把标准放在心里——但绝不要照着公式做。
One last rule — academic integrity — and it can cost you everything.
最后一条规则——学术诚信——它可能让你失去一切。
The portfolio must be your own work.
作品集必须是你自己的作品。
If you start from published or photographic sources you did not create, two things must happen.
如果你的起点是已发表或摄影来源、而不是你自己创作的,就必须做到两件事。
The work must move far beyond a copy, and you must name the source in your writing.
作品必须远远超出复制,而且你必须在文字中注明来源。
Never hand in another artist's work as your own, and never an image a machine made for you — the College Board can withhold your score.
绝不要把别人的作品当成自己的交上去,也绝不要交由机器生成的图像—— 大学理事会可以扣下你的分数。
When you are in doubt, work from your own photographs and your own eyes.
当你不确定时,就从你自己的照片和你自己的眼睛出发。
Four quick questions, with the answers underneath.
四个快速问题,答案就在下面。
How many works go in selected works?
精选作品要交几件?
Five.
五件。
Must they come from your investigation?
它们必须来自持续探究吗?
No — they can stand alone.
不必——可以独立存在。
What is keystoning, and why avoid it?
什么是梯形失真,为什么要避免?
Tilted edges from an angled camera; it distorts the work.
相机斜拍造成边缘倾斜,它会让作品变形。
And you worked from a photographer's image — what must you do?
你参考了摄影师的图像,你必须做什么?
Move far beyond it, and cite the source.
远远超越它,并注明出处。
Five things to carry into your portfolio.
五件要带进作品集的事。
First, know the two sections: fifteen images for the investigation, five works for selected works.
第一,记住两个部分:持续探究十五张图片,精选作品五件。
Second, show process, not only finished pieces, and name your guiding question.
第二,展示过程,而不只是完成的作品,并写出你的引导性问题。
Third, write short and specific, inside the character limit.
第三,写得简短具体,不要超过字数限制。
Fourth, photograph square on — true colour, sharp focus, high resolution.
第四,正对着拍——颜色真实、对焦清晰、分辨率高。
Fifth, keep it your own: transform any source far beyond copying, and cite it.
第五,保持作品属于你自己:任何来源都要远远超越复制,并注明出处。
Build it slowly, all year.
慢慢做,做上一整年。